Recreational Marine Fishing Registry
Enroll in the Registry
Valid Registration Dates
Registration is valid for one full year (365 days) from the date you register. There is no lifetime registration.
Who Needs to Register
You need to register if you are 16 and older and are:
- Fishing for saltwater fish species in the marine and coastal district (view description & map)
- Fishing formigratory fish of the sea within tidal waters of the Hudson River and its tributaries, or waters of Delaware River or Mohawk River.
You do not need to register if you are:
- Fishing aboard an appropriately licensed party or charter boat in the marine and coastal district.
- A New York State licensed party/charter boat owner.
- A Connecticut or Rhode Island resident and have a valid marine fishing license from your resident state.
- Fishing for lobsters, crabs, clams, mussels, scallops, or oysters. Review license/permit requirements for these activities below.